Two weeks until little Boy's due date! Ally came 2 1/2 weeks early, so I'm surprised to still be pregnant. Surprised, relieved, uncomfortable, anxious, and so many more emotions! Oh, and the emotions can change by the minute, it seems.
Tonight, I'm just hoping I don't go into labor until after my brother Joe's Eagle Scout Court of Honor, which is tomorrow night. I'm so proud of him! And it's so good to have him back from BYU for a couple of weeks. Poor guy has to get his wisdom teeth pulled on the 22nd, though. So I guess I shouldn't go into labor then, either, since my mom will be occupied helping him recuperate (unavailable to watch Ally.) But we have other family and friends willing to help out, of course, if that does happen! Really, we are so blessed to be surrounded by such loving people.
As for how close I am to going into labor, it's hard to say. The doctor said I was almost 3 cm dilated last Monday, but the baby's head was still up pretty high. Walking can help his head drop somewhat. I'll get checked again in two days and see if he/I have made any progress.
We're super busy with STUFF.
My car is in the shop, so I've been driving a rental, a dark blue Chevy HHR.
Our new oven came on Thursday, and I LOVE it. Did NOT love our credit card bill this month, however.
David is putting together yet another item I bought in pieces--a set of wooden cubes for Ally's closet so I can move her toys out of the toy box and move the toy box into Baby's room. He just assembled a computer chair and a darling dress-up trunk (Ally's big Christmas present, filled with costumes) in the last week or so, as well as put together the crib and a big dresser/hutch combo about a month ago. He is a great handyman!
Ally got to see Santa at Bass Pro, and she asked him for Strawberry Shortcake. The picture is kind of hilarious, she is forcing a smile. And she was so excited to see him!!! Then, right before the snapshot, I guess she became shy or something, because she has the funniest look on her face. I need to scan that picture in and post it...
So overall, we are trying to really enjoy and make the most of our little bit of time left with our only child. And we are really looking forward to meeting our son sometime in the next few weeks. I feel like I love him so much already, knowing that he's been sent to our little family by a loving Heavenly Father. And being pregnant with a little boy has helped me think often of Mary during this holiday season, and made me wonder how she felt, knowing she would give birth not only to a son, but to the Son of God.
I hope we can be the kind of parents Heavenly Father wants us to be to his little children. I feel like I fall short so many times every day. But I know that with His help and guidance, I can become more patient, kind, loving, consistent, and Christlike.
So, an early Merry Christmas to all! And may we reflect upon Christ often during this special time of the year.
Tonight, I'm just hoping I don't go into labor until after my brother Joe's Eagle Scout Court of Honor, which is tomorrow night. I'm so proud of him! And it's so good to have him back from BYU for a couple of weeks. Poor guy has to get his wisdom teeth pulled on the 22nd, though. So I guess I shouldn't go into labor then, either, since my mom will be occupied helping him recuperate (unavailable to watch Ally.) But we have other family and friends willing to help out, of course, if that does happen! Really, we are so blessed to be surrounded by such loving people.
As for how close I am to going into labor, it's hard to say. The doctor said I was almost 3 cm dilated last Monday, but the baby's head was still up pretty high. Walking can help his head drop somewhat. I'll get checked again in two days and see if he/I have made any progress.
We're super busy with STUFF.
My car is in the shop, so I've been driving a rental, a dark blue Chevy HHR.
Our new oven came on Thursday, and I LOVE it. Did NOT love our credit card bill this month, however.
David is putting together yet another item I bought in pieces--a set of wooden cubes for Ally's closet so I can move her toys out of the toy box and move the toy box into Baby's room. He just assembled a computer chair and a darling dress-up trunk (Ally's big Christmas present, filled with costumes) in the last week or so, as well as put together the crib and a big dresser/hutch combo about a month ago. He is a great handyman!
Ally got to see Santa at Bass Pro, and she asked him for Strawberry Shortcake. The picture is kind of hilarious, she is forcing a smile. And she was so excited to see him!!! Then, right before the snapshot, I guess she became shy or something, because she has the funniest look on her face. I need to scan that picture in and post it...
So overall, we are trying to really enjoy and make the most of our little bit of time left with our only child. And we are really looking forward to meeting our son sometime in the next few weeks. I feel like I love him so much already, knowing that he's been sent to our little family by a loving Heavenly Father. And being pregnant with a little boy has helped me think often of Mary during this holiday season, and made me wonder how she felt, knowing she would give birth not only to a son, but to the Son of God.
I hope we can be the kind of parents Heavenly Father wants us to be to his little children. I feel like I fall short so many times every day. But I know that with His help and guidance, I can become more patient, kind, loving, consistent, and Christlike.
So, an early Merry Christmas to all! And may we reflect upon Christ often during this special time of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment