Aaron David was born at 12:07 pm on December 23, 2010. He weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long.
Poor guy had to spend 48 hours in the NICU under observation for grunting (instead of crying) during his first hour of life. They wanted to monitor his breathing. Also, he had to have blood tests to check for infection as well as receive antibiotics since the labor and delivery were too fast. (I tested positive for GBS--Group B Strep--during the pregnancy and only got one of the two doses of antibiotic during labor before he was born.)
Ally is holding her brother for the first time. She was very gentle, and so excited to meet him! She poked his cheek softly and asked, "What's in his cheek?" We laughed; it was just chubbiness, we told her!
One of the few pictures we have of Aaron with his eyes open. That's because he only likes to have them open during the wee night hours.
6 comments:
Oh my goodness! He is BEAUTIFUL! How stinking cute! Wish I was there to see him in person! Congrats, I am glad he is OK. That comment Ally made was so cute! He is a little chunker, I LOVE it! Hope Mama's doing good...you look good in the pics :0)
he is so precious, shellie. congratulations. i LOVE that picture with david holding him- seriously, dad's and babies, something magical. well, sounds like he keeps you up so GET SOME REST.
Congrats! I think he is so cute! I love his hair! He has so much!
That daddy son picture is so adorable!
Congrats Shellie! He's beautiful!
I sincerely think he is one of the prettiest newborns I've ever seen. Congrats!
How cute!!! This makes me want another baby so bad!
Post a Comment