Sunday, August 15, 2010

Baking, Swimming, and Playing House


Our sweet Ally often requests her picture be taken, and really, who could say no?


She loves to "bake" in her kitchen, which has since been moved to her room. I have mostly reclaimed the front room for Mommy and Daddy and guests, but the toy box remains until we set up the nursery.
Ally calls herself a "chef," a "baker," and a "cooker." Makes sense to her...



Oh, and of course she's wearing nothing but a Pull-up under the apron and chef's hat. It's toddler-style cooking.


Here's our big girl on the last day of swim lessons--finally a day of no tears!! And the reason she was smiling? For the camera, of course! I should have taken her picture everyday; I had no idea how much it would help her attitude about swimming in the big pool.


Ally and Teacher Ben. I think they were eachother's favorites for those two weeks.


Ally did not like having to hang on to the edge of the pool by herself. She was the youngest in her class, having been moved up from Tadpoles to Starfish through a little begging of mine. (I was so glad to not have to get in with her again! I've been a little tired lately, ya know.) She was great when one of her 3-4 teachers was holding her and helping her swim, but put her on the wall and she would cry and pout and hang with her belly on the concrete and only half of her legs in the water. It gave her a nice thigh tanline, I must say.


Ahhh, back home. To a mess! She's been a little obsessed with setting out her toys as picnics everywhere, on every flat surface.



I love having a busy girl--she really keeps us on our toes!!

No comments: