Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's a Boy!

Yay!! We had our 20-week ultrasound on Thursday, and our second child is most definitely a little boy! David and I are so happy. :) Ally really has no idea how her world is going to change in about 4 1/2 months.

I went to pick her up from my mom's house after the appointment, and I said, "Guess what? You're getting a baby brother! It's a boy!" She walked over to me and said, "I'm getting a toy."

Uh, sure, Honey.

As we walked out to our car right after, it dawned on David that we'll have to buy all new clothes for this little one, lol! That's my man, Mr. Frugality. Well, he'll be happy to know that I'm going to swap some of Ally's old clothes for a ton of boys clothes with a friend, so it won't be a huge blow. :)

The baby will inherit the den, so we'll have our hands full the next several months moving/getting rid of furniture, painting, and setting up Ally's old crib (which, incidentally, was recalled a month and a half ago so I will have to request a repair kit for the drop-side.) We're thinking blue (David) or green (me). We have a few green bedding items from when Ally slept in the crib, so maybe I can appeal to David's love of saving money on this one! :)

We just feel so blessed to have a child on the way. Ally was relatively easy to come by, but this one kept us waiting for about a year and a half. It's all in the Lord's time, I suppose. I'm just so glad Ally won't be an "only," and that our little family is growing. We can't wait to meet you, Little Man!

1 comment:

Amy said...

congratulations- so exciting! it's hard waiting for a baby, but it really is true like you said- all in the Lord's time.