We went downtown to see the Memorial Day Parade yesterday, and I'm glad I threw in Ally's swimsuit! Of course I brought her red, white and blue one in honor of the day and all our fallen servicemen and women. We talked about the soldiers, and how they keep the country safe. Ally loves the 'Merican flag, and she kept talking about America, our "countwee."
A day with Ally is not complete until she captures a friendly bug and shows it to me. This shot reminds me of an adorable picture of David holding up a grasshopper and grinning at the camera. I should go find that and compare the two...
I'm so glad summer is here. Justine's wedding, her reception out here, a family reunion in Colorado, and the annual beach trip are all on the calendar or in the works. Ally's signed up for swimming lessons during the last 2 weeks of July, including the week of her THIRD birthday! I'm already brainstorming ideas for a fun party--Wonderpets, Dora/Diego, and a tea party are all contenders. Any ideas??
Hope you're all enjoying summer plans as much as we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment