Hey everyone! Well, all about two of you who read our blog! So, just thought I'd update a bit. Ally is TWO!! And I still need to post pics of her birthday. :) We went to Colorado, the beach, and have been enjoying (OK--suffering through) the heat in Manteca.
I (Shellie) am in the local Manteca Idol competition. It's a fundraiser for our Boys and Girls' Club, and it should be lots of fun. I'll be singing just about every week starting next Wednesday night (Aug. 19th) at Chez Shari--until they kick me off! One of my friends is singing in it, too. Did I mention that I know two out of the four judges?? One is my high school choir teacher. Ha, small town.
We'd been trying to expand our family this past year, but NO NEWS. Guess it's just not time for Ally to have a sibling yet. We're taking a break, and then we'll probably start trying again in a few months. I'm trying not to stress too much about it, but to leave it in the Lord's hands. But everytime I see a baby I sigh!
David is still working at Lawerence Livermore Labs, and mostly enjoys it. :) He provides well for us--it will be two years in Nov. that we've been in our house! David also just went to the airshow in Salinas on Saturday and enjoyed that. We weren't going to take a toddler, so he just went with some of our extended family.
Ally has been talking SOOO much! But she's also been sick these last two weeks. Hopefully her tests will come back soon and tell us what's been going on with her digestive system. I'm crossing my fingers that it's not celiac or another chronic something, but just something that's passing through her little body and will clear up pronto!! (For those of you who aren't grossed out too easily, keep reading. She's had diarrhea for the past 13 days straight, and has been extremely tired these past few days. She keeps telling me "nap" and "tired" and "go poo-poo." She's not dehydrated and hasn't lost much, if any, weight. We're thankful for that! But she's rather lethargic--not energetic, like her usual self. And her stools are frequent and increasingly more watery. Low fever last night.)
That's all I can think of at the moment. Pics to follow in the future!
2 comments:
i am sorry to hear about little ally. we think she is simply adorable. hopefully good news comes back about the tests. sometimes it seems babies come when you least expect it. we will be up there in november and december for sure. we should get together.
Nice to hear an update. Poor Ally, not fun at all. Hope all turns out well. Glad to hear you are singing. From what I hear you are incredible!
Post a Comment