Thursday, June 4, 2009

Memorial Weekend

On Memorial Day, we decided to go to the Presidio National Cemetary in San Francisco for their Memorial Day service. It was chilling to walk through the cemetary, reading the names of those who gave their lives in service of our country. It made me even more proud to be an American, and so grateful for our good soldiers throughout each war we have fought.
We want to raise Ally to have a reverence for the United States, freedom, and everyone who has fought and is fighting for the cause of freedom throughout history.



















We also attended the Manteca Memorial Day celebration, and I sang Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy with two friends. We dressed up forties-style and did a little dance while we sang. It was fun, and it brought back memories of the plays I acted in as a kid.


After we sang, I walked over to pick up Ally, who had not seen me since before I had dressed up and done my hair. She started to cry--she didn't know if it was Mommy or not!! But she realized who I was in a couple of minutes.


I am so grateful for all the blessings that we have been given from our Heavenly Father. I know He watches over our little family, and only gives us the trials we can withstand. I'm so grateful to live in a country where I can vote, worship how I believe, and raise our children how we see fit. Although America has plenty of problems, especially during these times, I am still so thankful for all the freedoms we have each and every day. God bless America!

3 comments:

JKGROSS said...

So cute! Thank you for all that you said on our blog! It meant a lot. I am glad that you commented on my blog because I didn't even know ya'll had a blog! You looked really pretty in your pictures with Ally. :0) Keep in touch!

Ashlee said...

I love this post Shellie! And you look great 40's style! I really need to hear you sing sometime. I'm sure it's a treat!

b.liz said...

How did you get your hair like that?! So pretty.