Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Allergic Reaction to Syrup and Sauce :(




Ally had some kind of reaction to Mrs. Butterworth's sugar-free syrup last week. Wherever the sticky mess had touched, her skin turned pink and then a little red. The spot on her face even raised up. We cleaned her gently and it went away about an hour later.





Has anyone seen this before? Could she be allergic to an ingredient or something?





Here's Ally in the bath, oblivious to her mother's worries!





This was taken today, when she was eating a chicken nugget with sweet and sour sauce from McDonald's, and the reaction happened once again. This time it was a bit worse, and one spot got so raised it looked blistered! I quickly snapped a few photos and then wiped her down carefully with a wet cloth.






BTW, the black eye is from Saturday night when she tripped and fell onto a plastic block face-first! Poor little thing--she's really gone through a lot this week.



You can see how raised it is in this one.





She doesn't seem too uncomfortable.




So, I'd appreciate any feedback about this. For now, we'll avoid syrup and sweet and sour sauce. And I'll be sure to ask the doctor about it at her next appointment. Thanks!



1 comment:

Queen Mother said...

I don't know :( She looked ok last week though, so I guess it's just a sign to stay away from that stuff! Let me know what the doc says, I'm curious.